Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mary wins historic fifth World Boxing Championship


India's woman boxer MC Mary Kom on Saturday claimed a celebrated fifth alternating World Championship title, assault Steluta Duta of Romania 16-6 in the final in Barbados. Mary Kom, who competed in the 48kg category, had defeated Alice Kate Aparri of Philippines 8-1 in semi-final on Friday to assure herself of at atomic a argent in the sixth copy of the competition. The above Khel Ratna awardee from Manipur appropriately remained the alone boxer to accept won a badge in anniversary copy of the World Championship. Duta had defeated Kazakhstan's Nazgul Boranbayeva 10-5 in the semi-final. However, there was disappointment as able-bodied for India back Kavita (+81kg) acclimatized for a brownish afterwards accident 2-14 to Ukraine's Kateryna Kuzhel in the semi-finals. Before acceptable the final, Mary Kom had been quoted as saying: "I am actual blessed to accept appear so far. I will do my best to win a gold alike this time but I am not cerebration too abundant about it because I charge to focus on my game. If I action well, I will win." Anup Kumar, the dimunitive boxer's drillmaster believes that Mary Kom's achievements are adamantine to appear by. "It is a amazing achievement, added so back she has become a mother of twins three years ago. She has been training absolutely adamantine and accessory all the camps religiously, admitting her ancestors commitments," Kumar told The Sunday Express from Barbados, account afterwards Mary Kom won the almanac title.