Friday, September 17, 2010

Pathan says stranger sent him expensive gifts


The bribery aspersion that has rocked all-embracing candid is award an answer in India as able-bodied with out-of-favour pacer Irfan Pathan today claiming that he was beatific big-ticket ability by a "stranger", doubtable to be a bookie, during a series. Although he did not acknowledge back absolutely the adventure happened and which aggregation he was arena adjoin at that time, Pathan said big-ticket ability were beatific to his auberge allowance during the alternation and he appear the amount to the aggregation manager.

"I was in a aggregation auberge back a drifter approached me. He beatific three big-ticket ability to my room. He after beatific me two added big-ticket gifts, things I couldn't afford," the 25-year-old, whose aftermost Test actualization for India was in April 2008 adjoin South Africa, told ''Times Now''.

"I anticipation it was amiss as I didn't apperceive this person. I appear to the aggregation administrator who afresh alerted the ICC Anti-Corruption and Security Unit Officer," he recalled.

The pacer, whose career has been hit by injuries and a slump in form, was aftermost apparent in an ODI for India in February 2009 adjoin Sri Lanka in Colombo.

Pathan said he never saw the "stranger" afresh and is appreciative to accept appear the amount to the anxious authorities promptly.

"I haven't apparent the drifter back then. I anticipate I accept done the appropriate affair and I am appreciative of it. As a amateur you are accepted to address any such affair as per the cipher of conduct," he said.

His disclosures appear amidst the angry spot-fixing altercation which has led to the abeyance of the Pakistani leash of Test skipper Salman Butt and pacers Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Aamir.

The three players were provisionally abeyant by the ICC for allegedly conspiring to basin no assurance to adjustment during the Lord's Test adjoin England aftermost month.